Kauai Condos Allowing Pets
Restrictions do apply on many condos and each complex maintains individual pet policies; some will allow any pet, while others may specify the type of pet or have limits on the size or number of animals allowed in a unit.
Many Kauai condominiums require pets to have board approval prior to moving in. It’s best to check before you buy.
See below an island wide list of pet friendly condominiums divided by area to help your search.
POIPU - Condos allowing pets:
- Kahala at Poipu Kai: Dogs and Cats less than 20 lbs allowed
- Kalaheo Pali Kai: Allowed
- Koloa Landing: Allowed one dog under 20 lbs
- Kuhio Shores: Only one small bird or one cat allowed with prior approval.
- Kukui’ula Kainani: Allowed
- Makahuena at Poipu: Dogs and Cats allowed
- Makanui: Pets allowed only with prior written permission from the Board.
- Manualoha at Poipu Kai: A dog or a cat allowed only with prior written permission from the Board.
- Pili Mai at Poipu: Allowed
- Poipu Crater: Only fish or a small bird allowed
- Poipu Kapili: Allowed
- Poipu Sands: No pets allowed without prior written approval from the Board.
- Poipu Shores:Allowed
- The Club Bungalos at Kukuiula: Allowed
LIHUE - Condos allowing pets:
- Halelani Village in Puhi: Yes to Dogs and Cats. Two animals are allowed.
There are no size restrictions. Animals, cats or dogs, must be on a leash or in a carrier when in common areas. Immediate fine with no warning will be issued for pets that are loose in the common area if the owner does not pick up fecal droppings. Pets may not be tied and left in the common areas, including the front landings. Pet rules are strictly enforced in regards to nuisance, noise and sanitation.
- Hookena at Puhi: Yes to Dogs and Cats. Many units have fenced back yards great for pets.
- Halemalu at Puhi: Yes to Dogs and Cats. No livestock, poultry or other animals whatsoever shall be allowed or kept in or an any part of the Community, except that dogs, cats or other common household pets as described in the Bylaws, in reasonable number (as determined by the board) may be kept by Owners and Occupants in their respective Homes. Pets are only allowed on the common elements of the Community if they are on a leash or in a pet carrier. Pets must be accompanied by the Owner at all times when on the common area, and may not be tied up by a leash or other means and left unattended on common areas, driveways or in open garages.
- Kalapaki Villas in Lihue: Yes to Dogs and Cats. No size restrictions. There are patios but no yards at this project.
- Kauai Beach Villas in Lihue: Yes to Dogs and Cats.
- Regency Hula in Lihue: Yes to Dogs and Cats.
- Sun Village in Lihue: Yes to Dogs and Cats. Yes to birds. No rabbits or other caged animals. 30 lbs weight restriction. No more than 2 pets allowed per apartment. A few downstairs unit have a fenced area that would be good for a small pet.
- Villas at Puali in Lihue: Yes to Dogs and Cats. But no dog houses allowed on the grounds.
- Kamamalu in Lihue: Yes to 2 pets (cats, dogs, birds) up to 40lbs each.
KAPAA - Condos allowing pets:
- Kawaihau Sports Villas: Common household pets (e.g., cats, dogs, birds, fish) may be kept by residents inside their units, no “outside” cats are allowed to roam the property. Pets are limited to three (3) per unit.
- Waipouli Beach Resort: One dog less than 30lbs or one cat less than 20lbs.
PRINCEVILLE - Condos allowing pets:
- Ali’i Kai at Hanalei: Allowed
- Emmalani Court: Household Pets allowed
- Hale Honu in Princeville: Dogs and Cats allowed
- Hale Moi in Princeville: Dogs and Cats allowed
- Hanalei Bay Villas: Allowed
- Kamahana: Allowed
- Kaiulani of Princeville: 1 Pet less than 40 lbs. allowed
- Mauna Kai: Allowed
- Nihilani: Allowed
- Pali Ke Kua in Princeville: Dogs and Cats allowed
- Paliuli: Allowed
- Paniolo: Allowed with prior approval
- Puamana in Princeville: Dogs and Cats allowed
- Pu’u Poa: Allowed w/in reason (per board approval)
- Sandpiper Village: Dogs and Cats allowed
- Sealodge: Allowed
- Villas of Kamalii: Allowed
- Villas on the Prince: 1 pet allowed 40lbs or under with board approval.
If you are moving to Kauai from out of state, check Hawaii’s Pet Quarantine Requirements for proper logistics. This list is for pets and not service animals. Rules may change, be sure to check with your Realtor or the condo association management for any changes.