What to Do on Kauai?
There is so much to do on the Garden Island! Below are my favorites.
*Check online to validate as some places may not be open due to Covid-19*
- Kukui’ula Village Shopping Center - Great restaurants & boutiques (Poipu)
- Little Fish Coffee - Breakfast (Poipu)
- La Spezia - Great Italien (Koloa)
- The Tasting Room (Koloa)
- Stevenson’s Sushies in the Hyatt (Poipu)
- Holoholo Grill - Best burgers at Koloa Landing (Poipu)
- Verde - Gourmet Mexican (Lihue)
- Hualani’s at Timbers Resort (Lihue)
- Kintaro - Best sushi (Kapaa)
- Kilauea Fish Market - Best fish wraps (Kapaa & Kilauea)
- Mermaid Cafe - great wraps & salads (Kapaa)
- Hukilau Lanai (Behind Coconut Marketplace) - Great food & ambiance (Kapaa)
- Lava Lava - Best happy hour 3-6 (Kapaa)
- Street Burger - Gourmet Burgers (kapaa)
- JO2 (tapas) - Kapaa
- Tiki Tacos - Best local homemade tacos (Kapaa)
- Java Kai & Kauai Juice - Breakfast & Juice (Kapaa)
- Oasis (Kapaa)
- Palate - Wine bar & tapas (Kilauea)
- Barracuda Tapas (Hanalei)
- Yummy food trucks & outdoor seatings (Noka Beach/North Kapaa) (Kilauea, Hanalei) (Banyan Harbormall, Lihue)
- Smith Luau - (Great food & show about Hawaiian culture, unlimited alcohol) - Wailua* Book online for discount
- Napali Coast Captain Andy Zodiac or Catamaran - Amazing views from the sea perspective * Book online for discount
- Kealia Bike Path (free to walk or rent bikes for $10 and enjoy the whole path by the ocean, really fun - Kapaa)
- Wailua River Kayaking that leads to Secret Falls - Wailua (Hawaiian Village as well)
- Kauai's Hindu Monastery - (Beautiful site to see, open 9am-12pm - Wailua)
- Anaina Hou Community Park & Mini Golf (music Friday night and great park for kids)
- Waimea Canyon trail (free and gorgeous views) - Waimea
- Secret falls by kayak or stand up paddle - Wailua river
- Snorkeling - Poipu Beach
- Golf (Makai Golf in Princeville, Timbers’ course and Poipu Golf course)
- Polihale - State Beach (The Best but bumpy drive to get there, 4 wheel drive recommended) - Completely at the end of the island of West side - Kekaha Beach is easier access on the side of the road on your way to Polihale.
- Poipu Beach for snorkeling - Poipu
- Kalapaki (great for easy surf) - Lihue
- Kealia - Kapaa
- Dunkey - Kapaa
- Anahola Beach Park - Anahola
- Rockarry - Before town Kilauea
- Anini Beach - Kilauea
- Hanalei Bay - Hanalei
- Haena State Park (info on access and reservation) https://www.gohaena.com/
- Sleeping Giant - Wailua
- Secret Beach hike and leads to a nice beach (before Kilauea town, turn on Kalihiwai Rd.
- Canyon trails (severals and best at the last lookout of canyon) - Kokee
- Kalalau Trail - THE BEST (North of the island completely) New Rules to access the Napali Coast.
- You can always look online and in magazines for activities and discounts.
- Just drive along the main road and you will find hundreds of beaches (there are approx. 360 on the Island)
- Don’t worry about the weather, it changes constantly and can be different from one town to another.
- Don't underestimate the ocean, some rip current can be fatal.
- If you go grocery shopping at Foodland or Safeway, get a membership card (it is free) and you will save money.
Home Deliveries Websites